Monday 15 August 2016

Miami Vice and the Mouse...

I had a rather unusual Saturday night. Based on my naivety it appears I went on a 'drugs run'. I was out with friends when I was asked if I could drive a friend of a friend to the next town to pick something up. 'Oh yes that's no problem I have the mouse'.
So the gentleman hops into the mouse and off we drive. It was quite late and dark and my vision was blurred by the sea mist and lack of water for my wipers. Along the way he made various phone calls, none of which I understood, then asked me to pull into a petrol station. We went into the petrol station, bought drinks and sat back in the car. While we're sitting there blasting out some rather good 80's tunes  I ask who are we waiting for and am informed he is not sure as it is a new supplier. This is when I realise I am on a 'drugs run'.
Well I'm quite disappointed we are in a well lit, busy petrol station and not down a dark alley behind a wheelie bin wearing some form of disguise. As if to humour me the petrol station then closes shutting off all lights. So there we are sitting in the mouse on a dark forecourt waiting for the 'drug pusher'.
What if it's a set up, what if they're onto us, what if that lady closing up the shop is undercover Miami Vice? Or what if the new drug pusher don't like the look of us, or just mugs us, or even has a gun? My imagination went into overdrive and my future consisted of spending the next twenty years in a Thai prison at best, or shot dead in the mouse.
Whilst all these thoughts are running through my head a big motorbike pulled up next to my open window. I didn't know whether to put my hands up or put my foot down. Anyway the rider mumbled in a foreign language and put something in my hand. My friend had in the meantime got out the car and I'm left sitting there with 'the goods'. When he got back in the mouse I threw them at him like a hot potato, revved the engine and drove like a bat out of hell convinced we were being tailed...

Just for the record and to protect all identities (mainly me!) I know no names and saw no faces...

Me...

2 comments:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKryf9BWDQg

    Are you sure you want coffee ?????????

    ReplyDelete