Monday 22 August 2016

Chatted up by Stavros...

I've been 'laying low' since my drugs run. Especially as I've since found out the Mouse only has one headlight. I was lucky I wasn't pulled over with me saying 'oh I'm just holding this little package for my friend'. (Sounds quite rude that... Sorry friend!).

I did go out during the day on Wednesday. Took myself on a little road trip to Caldas Da Rainha. I parked the Mouse in a little back street and did my 'Hanzel and Gretel' trick by photographing various things to follow to find my way back. Guess which photo jogged my memory? Hmmm yes.  I spent most of the day sitting in cafes people watching, one of my favourite hobbies. Did the same yesterday, went to Coimbra and spent my day in the old town sat at pavement cafes. I did at one point think the street entertainer was a bit weird, until I realised he was just a wanna be punk high on something and not actually dancing for the crowd. The policeman seemed to calm him down somewhat.

This morning, whilst walking Milo at the lagoon I was approached and chatted up by a man. Sadly not my tall dark handsome knight in shining armour I've so often dreamed about. No, more of a Stavros lookalike wearing a wife beater vest, cap on backward sporting some multi coloured shades and originating from Wrexham of all places. He offered to walk me home, which I managed to decline, and would love to meet up the same time tomorrow. Unfortunately Milo, tomorrow's walk will be much later in the day than normal...

Yes...


Callas De Rainha...




5 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki, you sound to be having a lovely time in Portugal, have you thought about coming home or are you staying for a while & have you still got the Beast waiting to take you on another adventure. Love from Pat & Jake.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat & Jake, I tend to take a day at a time when thinking what to do next! I still have the Beast and would love another adventure... xx

      Delete
  2. Hello Nicci Always read you. Love it.
    I'm in South Spain now Drove. ..through France and Spain so Tara could come.On my Gmail I wonder could you give me details of cost to fly with Milo...So funny seeing you telling Granny your secrets
    Connect soon Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Nicci Always read you. Love it.
    I'm in South Spain now Drove. ..through France and Spain so Tara could come.On my Gmail I wonder could you give me details of cost to fly with Milo...So funny seeing you telling Granny your secrets
    Connect soon Ann

    ReplyDelete