Thursday 11 August 2016

Men in speedos is not a good look...

Living in Portugal... I'm getting used to the fact that my steering wheel hasn't been stolen, and am learning to enter the car from the left. I'm discovering that flies don't just land on shit, they like me too. A lot. I'm accepting the fact that walking barefoot on sand every day doesn't make my feet baby soft, more like as rough as a badgers arse! I've learnt that I actually miss rain, like real heavy wet rain that warrants a big hot chocolate after the fact. I've succumbed to the 'another beer?' Oh why not the sun is shining. Hence pot belly bikini girl. I'm forgiving all the people I meet on my walks for not saying hello to me and Milo, it's just not what they do here. But I'll keep on saying hello. I'm enjoying off loading all my inner thoughts on Gran knowing she'll never tell a soul. Portugal is mainly all good for MiloandMe.

I don't know if organising a wedding is the same worldwide but Ali is organising her daughters wedding to be held in the big beach house in October and my word it's stressful. Kind of puts me off finding the man of my dreams, or at least calls for an elopement should the occasion arise. On that front there really isn't much action. As per usual I'm being extremely fussy and holding out for Mr Perfect. We have some more paying guests in the big beach house and it transpired one gentleman was single. I got quite excited until I spied him heading to the pool in his speedos. Not a sight for the faint hearted. I went to the local Festa last week but it seemed to be full of teenagers and aged DJ's. I tried the local Circus too thinking I might meet an exciting lion tamer, but the show was cancelled due to lack of visitors. So I'm back to trawling the beach in search of a sexy fisherman. Which isnt proving easy as Milo still insists on eating their catches from the buckets they leave on the shore...

Telling Gran my secrets...


Sexy DJ...


No lion tamers here... 

2 comments: