Sunday 24 February 2019

Exposing my nether regions, but thankfully not on TV...

This week I had a hospital appointment for an exploratory investigation of my bladder. Not something I was looking forward to but needs must. Having waited over four hours, laid on my bed watching 'Dirty John' on Netflix (which could easily put the faint-hearted off dating for life!)  I was finally wheeled through to the theatre in my sexy ensemble of hospital gown, paper knickers and paper hat. I was then given a local anaesthetic and instructed to lay back, legs akimbo, as the camera was set up. As if that wasn't bad enough the machine then chose to malfunction.  I lay there for about twenty minutes, surrounded by four men and two women whilst they all took turns to tweak the equipment ~ wires were unplugged, re-plugged, wiped with tissues, blown on, jiggled a bit and swopped around. All the while I'm lying there; somewhat exposed, my hips in spasms and my knees twitching, and silently praying none of them look at my face and have a recollection on Tuesday night whilst watching This Time Next Year!

Milo is uber excited for his TV appearance on Tuesday, I'm sure he's told all his doggy pals in the woods about it. I'm hoping he's also mentioned his co-authoring in writing Book Two The Middle... and we sell millions of copies and live happily ever after haha!

On a sad note a good man I know lost his life today, he fought a good fight and is now at rest. His taker was prostate cancer, the same taker of my Daddy. Please, if there are any men reading this ~ listen to your body and take care of yourself, life is precious...


Milo, waiting in anticipation...



Look after yourselves boys...


2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicci, Jake and i watched you tonight, you looked amazing and gave a good interview so here's hoping some lovely man out there is your prince. My dad passed away with prostate cancer at the age of 65 so i too hope that more get the courage to get checked out. Jake my 7 year old Jack Russell has just had some cells checked out from a lump on his bottom and thankfully they were benign but he's now walking round with a big pink patch on his bum so his street cred's gone down the plug hole. Looking forward to reading your second book. Love from Pat & Jake. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat & Jake and thank you :)
    Sorry to hear about your Dad, and yes, I hope more men get the courage to get checked out. Poor Jake loosing his street cred, reckon I know how he feels!! Milo sends his love. Love to you both xx

    ReplyDelete