Thursday 6 July 2017

If you think you can then you can...

Exactly two years ago today I closed the door on life as I knew it and stepped into the unknown. I left my home of sixteen years and took up life in the Beast, my Motorhome. I sold a lifetime of 'stuff' and kept only what I declared necessary. Of the 'stuff' what do I miss? Silly things. A pink heart shaped cushion, a pair of combat trousers, a large white pasta dish and my bath. All things that can be replaced or lived without. Except the bath. Can't fit one in the Beast but have taken advantage of all friends and relatives kind offers.

When I set off on this adventure with Milo I didn't really plan further than the day in hand. And two years later I'm still doing the same. So many things happened along the way, the good and bad the expected and unexpected. And when I look back two years I still have to pinch myself to believe all that I have fitted in. Over the last two years I've been fortunate to have travelled to Scotland, San Pedro, Ireland, Portugal, France, Spain, Switzerland, Italy and back to England in between. Milo has been my constant companion throughout most of this. I know for a fact I couldn't have done it without him. And my family. They have been a constant support dealing with what could be described as a midlife crisis!

All the way I've been on the lookout for my Mr Perfect. I haven't met him yet and I haven't given up on that dream.  But I've certainly enriched my life with new friends, interesting encounters, strange scenarios, weird propositions, kindness from strangers, stunning landscapes, exhilirating sunrises and calming sunsets, party atmospheres, blissful solitude and an absolute feeling of contentment along the way.

I've learnt a lot about myself but feel I've still a lot to learn. So to anyone out there thinking of throwing caution to the wind, if you think you can then you can...

Hey Dad, what's that big world out there...


Sweet sixteen and still wondering... 


Hey son look at that big world out there... 


Son I'm going to have a look... 


Look how far we've come Milo... 

7 comments:

  1. Just love these pics Nicci. And I so "get" what you say about learning so much about yourself during this strange life on the road. Me too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Ann. Yup didn't like all that I learnt tbh haha X

      Delete
    2. Am sure like me you've learned some good AND bad stuff! x

      Delete
  2. I now have two ladies in vans to follow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Des - I need all the followers I can muster. The long and winding road can be a lonely place sometimes!

      Delete
    2. Des you need to get yourself a van! ;)

      Delete