Friday 14 July 2017

Off to London I go...

Oh my what a quiet life I'm leading just now. I've been caring for my mum who has just had her second hip operation. She is doing really well in her recovery and could be running a marathon at this rate. I've also been spending a fair amount of time in my Motorhome writing my book. I've been driving it about half a mile down the road and parking up to just sit and write. The main reason being so that I have no internet connection. I have a terrible habit of sitting down to write and two hours later I've googled my perfect dream house, joined dating websites, found a delicious recipe for baked semolina pudding and read everyone's facebook updates.

On the subject of the dating website: twenty four hours later I unsubscribed. I'd chosen one inline with my age group. I don't like my age group. They're old! Now I don't particularly want a toy boy but I certainly don't want to date my granddad. My birth certificate puts me in my fifties but my heart is sadly stuck in my twenties.

On the subject of my perfect dream house: it's in the woods, I own the woods, there is a stream, it's surrounded by countryside, the beach is a walk away, there is a vegetable garden and there is a large sunny porch to sit on and write my book. I drew a picture of my house. One day I will live in that house.

On the subject of facebook: it's full of ridiculous competitions.

On the subject of baked semolina pudding: I ate the whole lot and it was delicious.

Next week I'm off to London. I'm going to visit my dear Uncle Ernie. Uncle Ernie is 96 years young and was my dads best friend. He reminds me of my dad. He is full of stories from the past and
portrays such an interesting outlook on the present...

My view whilst writing...


Sketch of my dream house...


The ridiculous things you see on facebook...

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're mum is on the mend Nicci. Are you going to London in The Beast & is Milo going with you? Have a lovely time. Love from Pat & Jake.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. Milo staying with family and I'm driving car to London, driving the Beast in London not my idea off fun! X

      Delete
  2. Experience the roads of New Zealand through Redline Run Car Rally. Dress up and party the night away with like-minded people. Register yourself and Join the fun filled road trip adventure.

    ReplyDelete