Saturday 4 March 2017

Today I fell a little bit in love...

Saturday morning, I took myself off to the market again in Mortagne au Perche. The weather was a bit drizzly but the view from, my friend CLemons, cafe was a beautiful array of market stall flowers. And I must say the view to the left of me wasn't half bad either. A tall, dark, well dressed and extremely handsome gentleman sat at the table beside me. By his feet was an old fashioned straw basket holding his shopping, some flowers and some books. I decided to take my book, from my bag and pretend to read it, I was trying, discreetly, to glance to my left to get a better view of him.  That's when local old bag lady came and sat at my table. Very old, extremely plump lots of bags and very few teeth. She sat herself down and started chattering away to me. At first I was a bit annoyed but then my handsome stranger spoke to me and explained what she was saying. She just wanted to sit and rest her legs.

Then the handsome gentleman engaged in a conversation with me about the book I was reading. He told me he loved books and knew of a local book shop where we can exchange books for free and they also have English books. We chatted for a bit about the weather, the market and the general area. Then he drew me a map on a scrap of paper detailing the location of the book shop. When he stood up I noticed he had the most dreamy eyes, he was of mixed race, I don't know which race but he certainly won it. And I think that's when I started falling a little bit in love. Until Bang! I spotted his wedding ring as he handed me the love letter, I mean map. He said goodbye, it was lovely to meet me and that he was here every Saturday for coffee. Of course, being a little bit in love, I took that as a date. And when he left I started daydreaming about our future. I decided he was a lonely widow, he was taking the flowers to her grave, he wore the ring in her memory, on behalf of his grownup children, who just want him to be happy once again. With me...
Old bag lady agrees with me...

Second best view from cafe...




Streets in Mortagne au Perche...



4 comments:

  1. He's definitely a lonely widow - and he'd be mad not to snap you up. Bonne chance!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Ann, that's what I'd like to think! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Nicci, have you been back to the cafe today & was your handsome stranger in? Love from Pat & Jake. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat & Jake, I didn't get my happy ending... X

      Delete