Monday 28 May 2018

When the right choice breaks your heart...

Another adventure beckons me. Another chapter in this wonderous midlife crisis of mine. Another opportunity with my name on it.  I'm going back to Portugal. Last week was a mini wake up call for me of how short and precious life actually is.  There is no promised tomorrow, no return of yesterday, only the moment we live in. So, on that note while I 'can' I 'will'.

I will go to Portugal and finish writing book two whilst helping to care for Gran. Gran is the perfect writing buddy; she is an excellent listener, she never interrupts and she can keep a secret. Ali, my wonderful friend, will encourage my writing and no doubt fuel my imagination. Foz do Arelho is one of Portugals hidden gems and I am extremely lucky to be returning. Ali rents out rooms in her vast home all year round which will I'm sure will provide me with some interesting entertainment to blog about.

There is a 'but' though. A big, huge, massive 'but'! I can't take Milo... The thought of not being with him breaks my heart. We have spent the last 3 years side by side and done everything together. He is my constant, my best friend, my everything. But I can't put Milo through the trauma of flying again, the heat of Portugal and the stress of cohabiting with other dogs. Milo has settled into a calm and comfortable life here with my sister Pip, who adores him nearly as much as me. Milo, I know, will be fine. Me? Only time will tell...

A peek at where I'll be...
https://www.casabrancaguesthouse.com

Just Me...


Always at my feet...


Always by my side...


Always in my heart... 


Let sleeping dogs lie - Milo's favourite place... 

4 comments:

  1. Hard decision as far as Milo in concerned .Hope all goes well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie, breaks my heart but right decision X

      Delete
  2. Hi Nicci, reading your last blog i felt so sad that Milo won't be with you but i agree you're only thinking of him, i hope he doesn't pine for you although as you say he'll have a good & very loving home. I wish you all the luck in the world, you certainly deserve it & who knows you might this time meet your Prince. Love from Pat & Jake. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat, I'm sure Milo will be fine he will probably think I've just gone to the shops again! It will hurt me more than him but right decision. Love to you and Jake xx

      Delete