Thursday 25 January 2018

I wish Milo was an onion...

I need to date an onion. Fact. When any man writes in his bio, on a dating site 'what you see is what you get' I'm not interested. I want more.  I need mystery and intrigue. I need twists and turns. I need layers. Therefore I need an onion! But what I don't want is a bad onion.

My second date, which had been arranged for the weekend, was cancelled by him. Due to illness, he asked if we could re-arrange. I was quite happy to go along with this and agreed with the re-arrangement. And I've never heard from him since... My nosy side would love to know what happened,  did he get a better offer? Did he read my blog? Did he get run over by a bus? My rational side says he wasn't all that great (bad onion) so move on.

Moving on, I went back to my meetup.com writing group on Sunday. I even plucked up the courage to read, out loud, some of my written work. I chose to read my piece about 'failing as a prostitute' and got lots of positive feedback. It's a Laidback writers group so I'm sure they got the funny side. Going to the group also gave me the kick up the arse to do some more writing, I'm loving my new laptop, and now wondering about self publishing. Having previously been in talks with two different publishers and still no book on the horizon, I'm feeling frustrated.

Milo has been a bit sickly this week. And boy when he's sick he's sick. He empties the entire contents of his stomach in one go. Then he looks at me all sad like he's in trouble. Just makes me love him even more than ever. I wish Milo was an onion...

Love of my life...


4 comments:

  1. Theres some decent publishers out here send in copy they publish not sure of prices etc may be worth a try unless you want someone to publish free Nimbus comes to mind halifax nova scotia xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Maggie, all information much appreciated. Hope you getting through your winter out there :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hope Milo is feeling better, don't lose hope there's a publisher somewhere just waiting for your book. Love from Pat & Jake.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat, I'll never lose hope! Milo is much better now, 3 days of vomit! Yuk! Hope you and Jake are both well xx

      Delete