Wednesday 5 October 2016

Happy Birthday Milo...

Four years ago Milo came into my life. How he got here is quite a funny story. I'd always been adamant I wouldn't have a dog. I believed dogs should be in large families with someone at home for the dog. Having always been a single mum I felt it would be unfair on any dog living with me and my son. My son had different ideas and spent years mythering me for a dog. I always stood my ground.

One day my son asked if he could talk to me about something important. I was all ears but he said what he had to say was extremely difficult. I became quite concerned and said he could tell me anything as I love him dearly. He said he didn't know how to tell me. At this point I was thinking all sorts and said just spit it out! "Mum" he said "my girlfriend is pregnant"... My mind went into overdrive and all I could say was "PREGNANT??!!"  "No" he replied "but I'm  getting a dog"
"Yes" I replied "of course, let's get a dog"...

And that's when we met Milo. My son made all the usual promises that he would walk him before and after his work and I wouldn't have to lift a finger to help! Of course my maternal instincts kicked in as soon as we brought Milo home and I've yet to see my son pick up pooh.

Two years ago my son decided to move into his own place and there was a moment when I was terrified he might want to take Milo with him. But I think even he knew at that point that Milo and Me were inseparable. I never knew how much love I could feel for Milo. If it wasn't for him I would never have done what I've done. Milo makes me want to get up in the morning (mainly because he wants his breakfast!).  He's my best friend and I hope we get to celebrate many more birthdays together...

My Milo...









7 comments:

  1. Lovely story and typical of many dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki & Milo, reading your last entry brought tears of emotion to my eyes, what a lovely story (& a relief for you when your son said his important news was wanting a dog & not a baby ) Happy birthday Milo & many more of them. Love from Pat & Jake.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. mans best friend or omans best friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just been reading back on parts of your blog Nikki & was surprised to see it's a year since you were in San Pedro, how fast time passes.Winter will be here soon, have you made any plans yet & how is your book coming on? Love from Pat & Jake.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Time passes so quickly. I seem to be taking a day at a time just now, feel like I've pressed pause! My book is ongoing... :) Hope you are well xx

      Delete