Friday 16 September 2016

Milo and Me... Will we ever be three...

When I look back it amazes me how much has happened to me in just over a year. It mainly feels quite surreal. If someone had said to me 'this is going to happen as you approach fifty' I would have said "Hell yeah!"

I'm no different to anyone else who wishes they were in a loving and secure relationship. My dreams and ambitions are not out of the ordinary. Perhaps it's just the way I went about it that sets me aside...

In short: I left a full time job, I left my home of sixteen years, I sold practically everything I owned, I bought a motorhome, I started writing a blog, I travelled around Scotland, I made new friends, I lost old friends, I enjoyed a relationship, I lost a relationship, I travelled to Southern America, I moved into my mums back garden, I travelled around Ireland, I arrived in Portugal, I had my life documented through worldwide media. I'm having an amazing adventure at a time in my life I assumed would have been complete. Sometimes this feels like just the beginning.

 And all this happened with Milo, my best friend, by my side. I looked for love, I'm still looking for love, and yet I've had love by my side the whole time...

Met this little fella four years ago...


Always by my side MiloandMe...










6 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki, i hope if & when you meet someone that he loves Milo too, he's been and still is a wonderful friend and companion who will always be there for you. I'm just glad that he's able to share your adventures & has such a good life. Love to you both from Pat & Jake.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly come as a package MiloandMe, I'd quite like to read his book... xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Oh my word no! Not until the fat lady sings, as my Dad used to say X

      Delete
  3. Hi Nikki, the photo of Milo as a puppy is adorable, what a little cutie (now he's a big cutie.) Where did you first meet him? was he in a litter? i found it so difficult choosing from a litter because i felt guilty leaving the others when they were all climbing up to be chosen. Love to you both from Pat & Jake.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Milo was chosen from a litter but it was more like he chose us :) Love to you both too xx

      Delete