Sunday 2 September 2018

I've got nothing ~ so maybe pigs might fly...

Tomorrow I begin a new chapter in my life. I re-enter the real world, the one I thought I had escaped.  I start a new job, a sort of real one, one where I have to get up at the same time every day and work Monday to Friday. And I must admit I am not happy. For over three years now I have led a somewhat hectic life; travel, adventure, opportunity, romance, heartache and hunger . But I've loved every minute of it ~ living in different places, sometimes not knowing where I would be tomorrow ~ has only made me appreciate what I have. But those three years have cost me dearly and the big bad credit card is now rearing his ugly head and demanding his repayment. So, I am now going to be a grown-up and take some responsibility. If I can work really hard, for the next few months at least, then maybe I can create a new adventure, a different adventure, and possibly a cheaper one!

Maybe a motor-home company will ask me to trial their new model. Maybe a holiday company will ask me to critique their new destination. Maybe an agency will ask Milo to model their brand. Maybe a tall dark handsome stranger will ask me to be his wife, maybe pigs might fly...

Anyway, whatever happens now doesn't matter because the best is yet to come ~ my beautiful granddaughter's arrival in January ~ that will see me through the next few months.

They say 'Something is better than Nothing'
But what if 'Nothing is better than Something'
Nothing can hurt me now
Nothing is better than clean bedding after a bath
Nothing cheers me up better than Milo's love
Nothing beats PJ's, chocolate and a glass of wine
Nothing is wrong...


When you've got Nothing but you've got it All...







6 comments:

  1. Oh just come down to Warminster and I'll take you out to dinner...stop messing about. You don't belong with the zombies in the "real" world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! thanks Des, I feel like the 'living dead' this morning lol x

      Delete
  2. Go Nicci just fly by the seat of your pants .life will throw you a curveball sometime xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it does seem to do that to me Maggie! xx

      Delete
  3. Hope all goes well for you in your new job Nicci, work hard and have fun in your free time. I'm looking forward to your next book, what better way to relax than a glass of wine whilst reading your book. Love from Pat & Jake. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Pat & Jake! Book two coming along ~ slowly but surely :) xx

      Delete