Sunday 12 August 2018

Goodbye my Beast, goodbye my friend...

I am so sad today, so very sad. I have had to say goodbye to my beloved Beast. He has gone to live with a new family who I am sure will love him just as much as I did. They have already informed me of their planned adventures in the Beast and I'm truly excited for them.  It wasn't an easy decision for me and basically boiled down to 'money' or the lack of it! I can't even afford a tank of petrol at the moment which is not fair on the Beast, he has sat still for far too long and should be out there transporting people on adventures!

I made a video of me saying goodbye to the Beast, but it is far too teary to upload, I should have had James Blunt singing 'Goodbye my lover' in the background - plays like a breakup with a boyfriend haha! So, I have uploaded my last ever drive in him, a bit more lighthearted.  Some might think I'm being a little dramatic of his departure, after all it's just a 'vehicle'? But not to me. This was my home, my safe place, my everything. Having sold everything I ever had to buy him, he was all that I had. Now, all that I own fits into a couple of boxes. But do you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. I have had the best adventure over the last 3 years and have no regrets. So what if I don't own anything, you can't take it with you when you go!

Maybe one day I will be in a position to buy another motorhome and do it all again. Or maybe I will come up with another madcap idea and create my next adventure. Who knows? So, even though I'm sad today I will always 'dance like nobody is watching'...

click for silly video ;)
Last drive in The Beast...


Milo, Me and The Beast ❤...


All I have left now...

Goodbye My Beast :( ...

Dance like nobody is watching...



6 comments:

  1. When one door shuts an;other one opens xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is Book 2 coming along? I am curious to see the proofs! How are the sales of Book 1 going? I wish you well and I'm pretty sure whatever happens, you will be smiling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still in the early stages Robin! A bit of a stop start process...I've changed tack slightly and included 'Milo's Voice' at the end of each chapter :) I can send you what I've done so far if you like? Book 1 going rather well by all accounts - need to get some more reviews. I'll always be smiling, it's in my genes... x Hope you and Luck are both well xx

      Delete
  3. Oh no, poor you!! I know just how you feel - I'm probably going to have to part with my old van soon and it's going to break my heart. Strange how you can get so attached to a vehicle when it's been your home and you've had so many amazing adventures together xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ann, sad days! We'll have to start a new group - Motorhome has beens! haha! xx

      Delete