Thursday 19 July 2018

Glamorous Grandmother To Be...

Oh my word! Oh my goodness! Could I be any happier? Drum roll... I am so extremely happy to announce: I am to be a Grandmother :))))) My granddaughter is to be born in January. This is the best news I could ever have hoped for, I can't stop smiling. My son Philip and his partner Tracey have made me the happiest person alive. I honestly thought I'd have to wait years to be Nanny Nicci, although I have dropped tonnes of hints. And I'm so excited the baby is a girl - ballet classes, bows and dollies - as opposed to bringing up my son; standing on the edge of football pitches, never being able to plait his hair and rough play with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Although I couldn't resist buying her a pair of LFC knitted booties ~ keep her on the right track.

This news couldn't have come at a better time for me. Since returning from Portugal I'd been a bit down; wondering where I fit in, what to do next and have I made a mess of my life? My writing has suffered because of my mood, my book two seems to be a stop start excersise. And my job search is proving to be fruitless. But, now I'm to be a grandmother, I have a title, a purpose, a little person to read my books to and a fulltime job babysitting! Roll on January...

Oh by the way, if anyone is interested, I'm running a 'free' download promotion of my book this weekend Milo, Me and the Beast ~ The Beginning. May my happy mood continue :)

Link to download: begins Friday 20th July, ends Tuesday 24th July.
Milo, Me and The Beast



Grinning Grandmother to be...


My beautiful little Princess...

Couldn't resist... 


Surfing the net for princess dresses...

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations all round Nicci,a well needed boost for you. Love from Pat & Jake. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Pat, I am so happy I could burst! :)
      Love to you & Jake xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to all. I became a grandma for the first time this year. Daughter in-law didn't know she was pregnant!!, gave birth in hotel bathroom. Mother and baby fine. He is three months old and absolutely gorgeous. Enjoy it while you can, such a wonderful feeling. Paulene xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Paulene! That must have been the best shock ever! I can't wait to meet my little Princess :) xx

      Delete