Sunday 20 August 2017

And The Lord said take vitamin B and wear nice cardigans...

Ever since I watched the amazing TV series Broken I've had an absolute urge to go to church. So this morning I did. I went to Holy Communion at my local St Bartholomews. Now as I haven't been to church since I was a child at Sunday school I had no idea what to expect. The church is beautiful inside and out, it has a gothic theme. The vicar was a lady (not quite Sean Bean) and made me feel very welcome. And he's a very popular guy, God that is not Sean Bean (although I'm sure Sean is too) Everybody had only good things to say about him.  I'm not actually religious as such but I can understand how and why people have faith, in whatever religion that may be. I suppose it's like having a best friend that nobody can see. You can call on your faith at any point in your life.

The two little ladies sitting behind me kept me in toe. When I was the only person left sitting in the pews they encouraged me to join the congregation in Holy Communion. I was then instructed to kneel at the alter and asked if I 'normally receive?' I just answered no and was duly blessed. All very exciting. Then before I left a little lady tapped me on the shoulder and said "thou shalt not covet, but I love the cardigan you're  wearing" I googled this commandment when I went home and read 'You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.' No mention of cardigans. I think I might go to church again.

I'm feeling a lot more positive of late. I did go through a period of sluggishness and was feeling constantly tired and sad. I was suffering with stomach pains and headaches. I did a little research and am now taking Alflorex and a vitamin B complex and feel like I've got my life back! Sounds dramatic I know, but I really feel great.

So, odd blog today. Found a guy called God and vitamins to boot. Now all I need is a husband to
share  my crazy life with, think I may have just made many men run for the hills...

Saint Bartholomews so pretty...


The nice cardigan...


Milo wearing Pips slippers...


Milo eaten Pips slippers...

11 comments:

  1. Well faith goes hand in hand with hope xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your blog today, how's your book coming on? Love from Pat & Jake. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Pat & Jake. Some days I think I've finished my book, then I add some more and take some out! It's a love hate relationship atm :/ xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicci how are you? Just came across your blog. Sounds like you are having a great adventure! Hope all is good with you. Blast from the past!! James M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James, enlighten me how do we know each other? :)

      Delete
  5. Think i recognise you. I maybe wrong but did you work at the devon doorway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey yes that was me James, good to hear from you hope you keeping well :)

      Delete
    2. Thought it was you. Looks like you are having fun on your tour!! Im good thanks. Just wanted to say hi!

      Delete
    3. Thought it was you. Looks like you are having fun on your tour!! Im good thanks. Just wanted to say hi!

      Delete