Saturday 15 June 2019

Mamma never told me...

When I was younger my mother warned me 'it all goes south when you hit your fifties'. My mother did not give me enough information ~ it's gone south, east and west. My muffin top resembles saddle bags on a miniature pony, in such a short space of time I've expanded in all directions. I now understand the term 'middle age spread' but I did not see this coming. How did this happen? Oh, yes, chocolate! A lot of it. Everyday. The light in my microwave went out today. As I stood watching my coffee cup turn in a dark and confined space I thought - this is my life. I'm turning but nobody can see me. I'm heating up but nobody knows. I'm ready to be tasted but nobody cares. I am an abandoned coffee cup! Slightly melodramatic I know, but that's how I feel. Having tasted freedom, adventure and excitement, my life is now confined in a box. And it's dark! People tell me this is real life, this is how it is, this is what you do. So, everyday I go through the motions: I wake, I commute to work, I do my job and I return home to sleep and do it all again. But. In my head I'm having an adventure! I wake each morning imagining today is the day it all changes, my commute is a journey of scenarios for the day ahead; I might save the life of a child about to fall onto the tracks, I might buy a winning lottery ticket at the corner shop, I might meet the man of my dreams walking through the city centre, I might receive an email offering me the job of my dreams. It's all possible, I tell myself.

Meanwhile, Milo is injured. He encountered some nasty barbed wire in the woods and is now sporting stitches, covered with a rather fetching dog sock. He is not a happy chappy but is receiving an overload of tlc. I also got to overload my gorgeous granddaughter with tlc last week when we had our first ever sleepover ~ she is certainly the cutest button in the box and she makes my whole world worthwhile...

Ready to start my day...(and yes, I have had all my hair chopped ~ life is an adventure!)



Poor Milo :/...


Always brightens up my day...








12 comments:

  1. Life still in the ole girl ,spark still in your eyes and I had a friend get marrried last year and packed up her belongings and is living in Italy happily so time yet Nicci .hope mylo gets well soon xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Maggie x onwards and upwards for this ole girl :) xx

      Delete
  2. What lovely photos Nicci, sorry to hear Milo has been injured, please give him a big hug from us. Love from Pat and Jake.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Pat & Jake, hugs right back at ya xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Nicci, hope you and your lovely family are all well and Milos barbed wire injury is better. Jake and i send birthday wishes and hugs to Milo,please give him a big hug from us, hope he has a happy day and gets lots of treats and cuddles. Love from Pat and Jake. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks Pat and Jake! Milo is very well and had generous helpings of my chicken casserole to celebrate his birthday :) Hope you are well xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicci, merry Christmas to you, Milo and your lovely family from Pat & Jake.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pat & Jake,merry Christmas to you both, hope you had a wonderful day xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes what you are looking for is right under your nose and you dont even know it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I seen you on YouTube and can't believe your not in a loving relationship..I wish I met you when you were travelling through scotland where I'm from I live in a motorhome in bus yard where I'm a coach driver..would like to c more of you on YouTube and I wouldn't have asked you to move your desk away at work.id have wanted to hear more

    ReplyDelete