Sunday 6 January 2019

2019 - it's all about how we perceive it...

Well that's 2018 done and dusted. I can't say it was my best year so far, looking back I feel like I just stumbled through it and achieved very little. Which now makes me even more determined to put some extra effort in to 2019. I don't plan to make any life changing decisions: I believe they usually happen when you least expect them. But I do plan to enjoy all that I have, just a little bit more.

I believe, of all the senses we possess, perception is the one which controls our life. It's not 'what' is in our life but 'how' we perceive it.
We see, hear, smell, taste and feel. And it is how we perceive those senses, in our mind, that will dictate how we live our life. So, with all that happens within this world we live, I intend to;

Seek out the golden, rising sun above the war torn and damaged city.
Hear the song of the swallow, nesting in the last tree of the over-felled forest.
Smell the new shoots of barley emerging from the flood damaged field.
Taste all the flavours of the meal, when others go hungry.
And, touch the hearts of the damaged and broken people around me.

On a lighter note! This actually happened to me this week and I'm still laughing out loud.
I was coming out of the bank in Heswall and my sister Pip was parked out front, waiting for me. I jumped into the passenger seat, shut the door and proceeded to put on my seat belt... when, from the driver seat this big, deep male voice said "wrong car!". I sh*t myself! There was an old man looking even more shocked than me, and there was Pip parked in a very similar car in front. It could have, potentially, been even funnier, as sometimes when I jump into Pips car, I like to shout out "Go, Go, Go!" Like a wannabe bank robber...

As yet I haven't taken a decent photo this year, so, just some of my favourites of last year...








2 comments: