Wednesday 13 June 2018

Nothing can replace my Milo...

I've been in Portugal one week now and it's rained nearly everyday. It's like we've swopped climates with the U.K. Not that I'm complaining, our heatwave is on its way and promises to be a long one. With that information Ali and I took ourselves to Caldas market on the hunt for some summer outfits.  I was rather pleased with my purchase of a one euro linen dress. Yes! 'One' euro. And Ali bagged some bargains too.

I've noticed, whilst on my morning run, that a gentleman has been checking me out. Hmm... He's a bit odd looking; purple shades, handlebar moustache, multicoloured sweat headband and about two foot tall. I've managed to ignore him most mornings but he's always there, same place, same time. I think I might have to change the route on my Wii Fit Haha! I need to do this workout as I don't have Milo taking me on those early morning walks now. I miss him like crazy. I miss hugging him, stroking him, curling up on the couch with him, but mainly I just miss him not being by my side. He has always been by my side, just 'there', with me wherever I was. It hurts. I try to console myself with Ali's dogs Max and Mindy. But they're just not Milo.

Mr Hunky came to visit today, although more a Mr Chunky having given up smoking since I last saw him. He was looking as handsome as ever and still gives the best hello hugs a girl could want. Not quite a Milo hug as nothing could replace that...

Miss the most...


'Out' jogging...


Reckon green and black is my favourite...


Cute but not Milo... 

4 comments:

  1. have fun despite the rain how long you there for xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun is now shining Maggie :) Not sure how long here; one day at a time xx

      Delete
  2. Finished reading your book last night Nicci, wasn't disappointed, it was brilliant, looking forward to the next one. Love from Pat & Jake.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Pat thank you,that is so good to hear! I'm in the process of writing book two now, fingers crossed it doesn't fail to disappoint. Love to you both xx

      Delete